Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Laundry

First attempt at foreign laundry = FAIL
I didn't translate the words, so i just guessed for the washer...then it was taking too long and I thought it was done so I turned it off...and clearly it wasn't done, sicne my clothes were soaking wet (first mistake). I just wrung them out and threw them all the in the dryer together (second mistake), because there was only one open. Now after 2 hours of being on what I thought was extra dry, I still had wet clothes that were a million degrees hot. Currently I have turned my room into my own drying rack.
Result:
All pinks are faded
White shorts are blue
White shirt has a tint of blue

Lesson 1: Translate words
Lesson 2: Wait the entire 12345 hours for the washing machine to finish
Lesson 3: Don't dry together

:(

2 comments:

  1. As frustrating as this adventure was, you managed to make it amusing with your description! Aunt Tory and I ran into a similar situation when we studied abroad MANY MANY years ago!! ;-) xoxo Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing so hard...Betsy that made my day..sounds like Aunt Susie cooking..LOL We have all made that mistake. Love you....xo Aunt Susie

    ReplyDelete