Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Start of Block 2

Monday, Oct. 26th:
The start of classes was today, and I had my opening lecture for my Management Accounting class. To be honest I am very nervous to take this class, because there is a larger percentage of students that actually fail the class! EEEK! But it will be a substitute for my second accounting class at DU, which is GREAT!! I have class with Annika and her and I are most likely the ONLY americans in the class, not a typical class that exchange students take. But it is definitely nice to have a friend in the class! When we walked into our lecture hall I was taken back by just HOW many people were in the class, I would say around 300 - 400! I have NEVER in my life had a class this big....this class is bigger than my high school!!! After settling in with hundreds of my new best friends the lecture began! And surprisingly I understood the lecture and eve answered the summary questions correctly. Hopefully the rest of the classes will go this smoothly!!

Tuesday, Oct. 27th:
Class at 8:30! Today was the first day I had my accounting tutorial, instead of being with hundreds of my closest friends, now I was with about 12 of my closest accounting buddies! Going around the room and introducing ourselves, I am the only exchange student and the ONLY american and native english speaker! My tutor is an extremely nice woman and was very curious why I was taking this class seeing that I was an exchange student (o no, hope I haven't gotten too far in over my head!).
After the accounting tutorial, I had my CES class (the one through my program) and it is called: The Roaring 20's. The first thing I knew about this class was the STACK of books I was given a few days before the class started. At first when I walked into the office to pick up my books I thought they were joking when they handed me 7 books and two readers! "We have to read ALL OF THESE," I blurted out! The CES leaders weren't sure but all I knew was I was possibly in over my head with two classes now!!
The professor is a jolly older man who LOVES to talk and knows a lot about everything!!! He seems to love his job and all that he knows! However the only terrible thing about him is that he thinks that we college students can read much much faster than we are possibly capable of doing! After our first meeting he assigned an ENTIRE book to read for Thursday, and it was only Tuesday. E-GAD.

Thursday, Oct. 29th:
One book down, and off to class to discuss "Shakespeare and Company." Now although our teacher says he wants us to participate I don't think that it is even possible for us to do so, since I'm pretty sure he only stops talking to breathe and maybe take a sip of his coffee! So we sit back and listen...not too bad!
After class, it was back to the guesthouse and time to pack for Annika's and my trip to prague!

No comments:

Post a Comment