Sunday, August 16, 2009

Off to the Netherlands

It's been an adventure from the beginning. The packing!!!! EEEGADS! Mom and I were dawdling around all day yesterday doing all the little things to get ready for my big trip, but apparently packing wasn't one of those things! After dinner, we decided that it was time to get down to business, so we were off with wine in hand and a mountain of clothes to stuff into two suitcases. I was a process deciding what was a "must have", a "maybe", and a "no way!" We finally got around to stuffing it all into the bags..and it was only 3:30 IN THE MORNING! And that's right, we were leaving in an hour for the airport!
We made it to the airport, and it was a tear filled goodbye, but excitement as well. First plane ride of the trip is over, and am currently in the airport in Chicago awaiting my next flight to Brussels. I am currently working on about an hours worth of sleep (all of which was done on the first flight), and am trucking along! 
Best news to date--I won't be jammed in steerage and will be flying BUSINESS (THANK YOU :D)!!! yeeehaw...business class better watch out, they don't know what is about to hit them! :)
That's all for now...off to find my gate and OFF TO THE NETHERLANDS!

5 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time!!! You've earned this terrific experience!! xoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betsy, Your Mom just helped me get on your account! Love, Gam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi betsy! I just figured out how to sign uo for this nd I thoguht that I would just say hello and that I am thoroughy enjoying reading about your adventures!! Can't wait to hear what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Betsy, I blogged, but it didn't go through--ahah! you need to remember your password and sign in. Lets see if this works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy! Success, I reset my password (with your Mom's help. Just wanted you to know how much we enjoyed your great pictures and keen observations on your trip!
    A Tour to Northern Europe just came--one day they go to Maastricht describing it thus: Rivaling Nimegen as one of the country's oldest towns, it is said to contain more than 1400 historic buildings & monuments. A walking tour of Old Town includes ancient ruins of medieval fortifications and Helpoort, a steep roofed gateway built in 1229. On Vrijthof Square, visit the 16th Spanish Government House & the 1000 year old Gothic style Sint Servaasbasiliek. Sounds interesting--have you seen some of these things?
    Love, Gammy & Popiem

    ReplyDelete